Day two is almost complete. I've had a really rough day though I haven't found myself especially hungry which is good, I suppose. My day has been incredibly busy with a needy youngin' hanging on my pant legs with a THOUSAND errands to run so eating was not my number one priority. I actually made a huge boo-boo and didn't eat anything but a glass of tea (which technically isn't eating) until roughly 50 minutes ago when I completed my homemade vegetarian chili. Trust me, it was de-lish and I ate an enormous bowl. Side note, I didn't eat it with crackers or cheese thank-you-very-much. I know somebody is going to think this is stupid--but that was a challenge and a half to do!
I'm waiting for food to settle before I hop on the treadmill and I'd like to share with you my current playlist;
"Dad, it won't start!"
"Is it plugged in?"
"oh.."
"Siah, stop speeding it up and slowing it down so much!"
"Sorry..."
"That's fine, just don't do it."
"kay..."
"JOSIAH SLOW DOWN! Knock it OFF!" and so on... It's like music to my ears.
Uh, I bought a skirt today. Why? I don't know. When anyone feels as uncomfortable as I do in their flubber, they certainly shouldn't be buying skirts. Shoes and jewelry is what should have happened, stick to the unchangeables.
Do you want to know how to make my chili? Probably not, but here goes:
In a large pan sautee a couple of (I use 2) yellow onions, with about 4 stalks of celery and wash (thoroughly please) one half of a bushel of kale and chop up some carrots and toss them in there too. After the veggies start to get soft, add a cup of water and let it boil until the water starts to look like a broth, not like a glass of water.
I use canned stuff because I obviously have zero time to individually make beans and flash steam and peel tomatoes.
Here's what I get besides the fresh ingredients I mentioned above:
1 can of dark red kidney beans
1 can of light red kidney beans
1 can of butter beans or northern beans
1 large can of flash steamed whole tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 small can of diced tomatoes
1 can of vegetarian vegetable broth
I actually physically get into the can of whole tomatoes and rip them apart with my fingers over the pan with the sauteed veggies in it and break them up to the right size (if you use a knife with these puppies, you are sure to end up with some on your face). Then I plop the can of diced into the pan and I drain the beans before adding them into the pot because the thought of bean water absolutely disgusts me. Yet canned beans don't. Can you solve this anomaly? I add tons of chili powder to my chili because I love the flavor and chili never seems to be spicy enough. (Unless my mother-in-law makes it because she uses whole chili peppers in the broth and then takes them out before consumption).
I don't actually add the can of veg broth to the chili until all of my ingredients are in there and I'm ready to reduce it for at least an hour. Mix it up, leave it uncovered and let it boil lightly for an hour...or a day (seems to be the best after this), and you will have some de-lish and healthy chili. Sometimes I even throw some Boca meatless ground beef into a saucepan and add it in too but I ate Boca yesterday and I don't want to over-do the protein substitutes.
I told my sister Melissa today that I was concerned about losing all of this weight by May 14th and the fact that I have started a blog about it because I now feel incredibly responsible to actually make this weight-loss happen. Especially since I have two followers. Who knows what they'll say if I'm still chubby in 14 weeks?! They'll never believe anything I tell them anymore, and will think everything I say is a lie (tear). So I'm feeling incredibly regretful yet thankful I've started this source of accountability. Saying that, I did a make up run last night by putting 20 more minutes of running in and 20 minutes in of walking in case I need a make-up day from exhaustion somewhere down the line. That should work, right? Unlikely.
Melissa asked me, "why are you doing this? You are so thin already...You look great, blah, blah, blah..."
Before I could smack her in the face I replied with, "seriously, thank you, but seriously, I have 30 pounds to lose. Like, yesterday."
By the way, Josiah just came up stairs and said, "what are you doing? You're writing a blog?..You've written all of that? Why? Are you seriously trying to lose weight? Who's Real Girl? Read it to me."
So I read it to him.
"Do you want me to read the part about how I make my chili?"
"Nah..."
and I skipped that part like you probably did.
He said the beginning sounded boring and I should have put something in here about snowmobiling and sledding today to interest my readers. He also said the whole premise (he didn't say "premise" because he's nine years old) of this blog (weight-loss) sounds snoozy.
So, in the words of my step-son, have a warm and "snoozy" night.
No comments:
Post a Comment