I think the skirt paid off. I wore it like a champ today to an interview and felt like a million bucks. The interview went really well, although the job doesn't pay near what I need to make to drive that far and be able to pay daycare. Yet, I feel hot in my little business pencil skirt and I'm starting to feel like I can do this.
Although, I had a slip-up with carbohydrates today. After my interview, I had an hour to burn before heading to class so I slipped into my favorite sushi bar and ordered a cucumber roll and an avocado roll. Once I had scarfed down the two rolls, I ordered some vegetable fried rice. Yikes. I get home so late on Monday nights and have to be up at the butt-crack of dawn (which technically means WAAAY before the sun comes up) for one of my two incredibly long days at school so exercising when I get home might be wicked difficult. Though, I cannot say now whether I will attempt it or not. I think I'll probably toss and turn about it until I actually get my booty on the treadmill and make it happen.
I've purchased this really delicious type of granola before and couldn't remember the name of it so I surveyed the aisles at Meijer last night until I found it, and it just so happened they now have 80 (or close to) flavors! I bought the flax seed yummy-goodness from Naked-Granola..maybe it's Bare-Naked Granola (who knows?!). I had some this morning with a little bit of vanilla yogurt and my regular ginormous mug of tea. It was a very good breakfast and to my surprise, rather filling. I didn't even start feeling those dreaded hunger pangs until I hit GR and could hear sushi calling my name. I must tell you that I rejected the waitresses Werther's candy more than once and left the restaurant with a smile of accomplishment that I didn't stash it in my purse for an unnamed sugar emergency. I knew the moment I popped that candy into my mouth it would be a downhill slope for more sweets so I simply (and by simply, I mean painfully) rejected that buttery-sweet-sugary-piece-o-heaven.
If anyone reading this has any suggestions on food, exercise, weight-loss tricks, etc. please share because I am willing to try new things. Especially when the result is sexiness.
I have to bolt to class now, so wish me luck and patience!
No comments:
Post a Comment