I apologize for my fat rant last night. My best friend has screwed my head back on straight by telling me how pathetic my post was yesterday and how depressing she found it that I felt so terrible about my current weight. I suppose we all have our days of morbid hatred for our insecurities.
After my post last night, I went downstairs for a solid hour of yoga, stretching, centering, and some push-ups while watching an episode of 600 Pound Mom. What an interesting show. This woman is enormous and has 3 daughters (as I could tell) that love her very much and the daughters find it incredibly hard to watch their mother get brought into her room from the ambulance delivery back from the hospital visit. This woman has got to be crazy. I cannot believe anyone could get to that size, and I sympathize for her daughters while their mother is on detox from junk food and is suffering from withdrawals by acting out towards her children. Although, I secretly wish someone would glue me to a bed and feed me 700 calories a day of diet food to help me get on track. That seems much easier than driving about 2 hours a day and passing roughly 900 restaurants to get to-and-fro life's happenings.
I've eaten well today, starting with a bowl of cheerios, followed by a little leftover spaghetti (whole wheat), and a bag of pistachios I just couldn't stop eating until I was scraping the bottom of the bag. The saltiness of the pistachios was just what I needed (you know, the burning salt on your lips and inside of your mouth) to get through the rest of my evening.
I will run tomorrow night if my back isn't as sore as it is right now from all of the heavy shoveling I did today. Exhausting! Snow drifts and ice rain are very difficult to get out of one's driveway and I am now looking forward to the day I never return to Michigan in the wintertime.
I have to be up in less than 5 hours, so I am off to bed! There are some new recipes I plan to try this week and can't wait to share their success or failure with you. I plan to make for the very first time; tzatziki, a lentil frittata, and moussaka. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment